Loading...

Exclusive - Gina Lopez Reappointed By President Duterte As DENR Secretary: 'I like that she is not corrupt.'


President Rodrigo Duterte has reappointed Gina Lopez in her old position as the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) secretary last Monday night at Iloilo.

“I reappointed her because she was bypassed (by the Commission on Appointments). I like her (because) she is very strict,” Duterte said.

“I like that she is not corrupt. I like that she cannot be corrupted. I like that. Why? Because I want my country at least relatively safe from all predators of all sorts,” he added.

Lopez, a known environment activist, launched staunch government policies to fight pollution and over-extraction of minerals in various mining sites. She is also known to firmly stand against criticisms levelled against her campaigns on closing down and/or imposing strict regulations on coal plants and mining. 

Ironically, Duterte announced this during the initial switch-on of a new coal power plant in Concepcion, Iloilo.


Gina Lopez Reappointed By President Duterte As DENR Secretary: 'I like that she is not corrupt.'
Source: TNP, Inquirer
exclusive 6468302487747155030

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item