Loading...

Exclusive - President Duterte Visited An Active Warzone In Lanao Del Sur: 'I come in peace. I do not want war.'


Despite the on-going conflict between government forces and the Maute group, President Duterte visited the 103rd Brigade in Lumbayangnaue Town, Lanao Del Sur last Wednesday

He went to see the people who were hurt in the incident and the structures that were damaged.

However, Duterte said that he does not want war in Mindanao since he doesn’t want to be at war with his countrymen.

"I come in peace. I do not want war. What is very certain is that I do not want to wage a war against my own countrymen," the President said, despite his already on-going bloody war on drugs. 

He also gave a warning that armed groups should not test his patience and, instead of engaging in war, they should talk things over.

"I plead to all of you Muslims Moro political leaders, men of influence, scholars, we can continue talking and try to sort [things] out," he said.

The President also mentioned that the government and the people should work hand-in-hand instead of waging war against themselves.

"Mahal ko kayo at sana tulungan ninyo ako kaysa makipag-away ang gobyerno na wala namang katapusan. Panahon ng Espanol, Amerikano, Kay Marcos, hanggang nagyon, so hanggang kailan ito?" Duterte said.

Duterte said last Tuesday that he is open to having talks with the Maute group


President Duterte Visited An Active Warzone In Lanao Del Sur: “I come in peace. I do not want war.”
Source: TNP, ABS-CBN
exclusive 635944370942608610

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item