Loading...

Exclusive - LOOK: Mechanical Engineering Board Topnotcher Receives Car From Alma Mater!


Brylle Gilbuena, 21, did not expect to place first on the Mechanical Licensure Board Examination since he admitted to not being able to finish the entire test.

"Challenging ang Math and Science subjects. For five hours, wa ko katiwas og answer sa 100 questions," said Gilbuena.

(It was very challenging especially the Math and Science subjects. For five hours, I was not able to answer all 100 questions.)

Gilbuena was just being hopeful that he would pass but God seemed to have better plans than just that. He shared that his prayers served as the key to his success.

"Before I start studying, I pray and read the Bible para maguid-an ako ni God and then salig lang sa iyaha para mawa akong kulba kay akong giingon sa akong kaugalingon whether mopasar or dili or motop or dili I will praise God," Gilbuena added.

(Before I start studying, I pray and read the Bible so that God will guide me and I trust Him to ease my worries. I told myself, whether I pass the board or not or if I will top the board or not, I will praise God.)

Gilbuena was a working student in University Of Cebu Lapu-lapu and Mandaue (UCLM) to provide for his studies because his parents don't have stable jobs and he is the second of five children.

He also even delayed taking the board exam due to lack of finances to pay for his review. To support it, he worked five months as a Senior High School teacher in University of Cebu Lapu-lapu and Mandaue.

Gilbuena was surprised to receive a brand new car from his alma mater on Thursday as a reward for acing the exam.




University of Cebu Chancellor Candice Gotianuy gave him the incentive. It has been a tradition there to award outstanding alumnus who bring pride to their institution.

"We really want them to really achieve kasi we know na once students achieve, it will help the parents dibah matabangan man gyud ang parents so if matabangan ang parents matabangan ang family so economic cycle gyud ni siya," said Gotianuy.

(We really want them to really achieve kasi we know na once students achieve, it will help the parents because if they could help their parents means they could also help the family, so it's an economic cycle.)


On an interview, Gilbuena relayed that he is still planning on what step to take next but he is currently eyeing a Master's degree.

Out of 1,082 aspirants of the board, Gilbuena topped them all. Aside from a car, Gilbuena's mentor will also receive P100,000.

Were you inspired by Gilbuena's achievement? Tell us your thoughts!
Source: TNPABSCBN
exclusive 5637056530268677465

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item